Andrew is an enterprise information management leader with over 20 years of experience in business intelligence and data architecture. He has executed on all program phases from strategy definition, roadmap creation and project execution across the banking, telecommunications, manufacturing, internet service provider, third-party logistics, wireless and insurance industries.
Specialties: Enterprise Information Management, Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Data Modeling.
Master of Business Administration
Baker University, Baldwin City, Kansas, May 1996 http://www.bakeru.edu/
Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Finance and French (triple major)
Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, May 1991 http://www.bsu.edu
Honors: Outstanding Graduating Senior, Department of Economics
Diplôme de Langue
Aix-Marseille Université, Aix-en-Provence, France, May 1990, http://www.univ-amu.fr/
Honors: Mention Bien
Manager, Data & Analytics Architecture, Centric Consulting, April 2013 to Present
- Designed and documented architectural requirements for client projects.
- Lead project development teams and provide architectural oversight.
- Provided code review for ETL and procedural development team to ensure compliance with framework standards.
- Collaborated with the client to develop the business intelligence strategy with roadmaps to direct program execution to support the strategic goals.
- Documented client data glossary and source lineage.
- Created run books for production data support and access.
- Designed application configuration data management process.
- Managed data environment for application configuration and volume testing.
- Designed and developed data warehouses and data marts.
- Documented current state technical and business environments including the current state organizational readiness relative to business intelligence and information management.
Principal Data Architect, Brightpoint, Inc., February 2009 to April 2013
- Conceptualize immediate and long-range needs of business organizations globally, with respect to business data strategy, enterprise data warehousing, reporting, and analytics.
- Principal Architect for the business intelligence and data integration teams globally. Responsible for the global business intelligence and data integration strategy and architecture.
- Primary consultant for development and administrative teams with performance enhancements and process improvements pertaining to data integration and business intelligence operations.
- Committee member, Global Enterprise Architecture and Global Data Governance boards.
- Ensure enterprise information goals and activities align to strategic business objectives through negotiation with senior management, key stakeholders and departmental management.
- Design and implement extensive performance improvements covering infrastructure (storage, network, database and server), software and process domains.
- Oversee business intelligence and data integration initiatives for adherence to architectural standards and to leverage global synergies.
- Design and build proof of concept models in support of external customer proposals and internal performance and functional improvement initiatives.
- Technologies: Pentaho Data Integrator, IBI Webfocus, Qlikview, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL, Moody’s Analytics, IFS ERP, Evavi, Sterling, Red Prairie, Provia, JD Edwards, Informatica, Data Architect Studio, Linux, Windows, PL/SQL, Data Vault, Java, scripting, Agile development.
BI Manager and Architect, Tempur-Pedic International, August 2007 to February 2009
- Global Business Intelligence team leader.
- Created and gained executive approval for enterprise Master Mata Management strategy.
- Led the technology selection for global business intelligence platform.
- Completed the first deployment project of the BI program going into production in just under three months and 12% under budget.
- Provided enterprise reporting and analytics across two ERP systems and various silo applications.
- Led development of integration and reporting capabilities between the SalesForce.com and the data warehouse.
- Technologies: Business Objects Data Integrator and Web Intelligence, SQL Server DTS, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MS Dynamics AX, Oracle E-Business Suite, SalesForce.com, Altiris, Project Insight, Linux, Windows, PL/SQL, Java, scripting, Agile development.
Business Intelligence Solution Manager, Level 3 Communications, June 1999 to August 2007
- Managed business intelligence team and acted as liaison with business leaders in the design and deployment of business intelligence solutions to provide management key decision information across systems and business organizations.
- Led company synergy team with $3.8 million in reoccurring costs savings realized from 2006 through 2007 including consolidating legacy order entry, leased vendor services, outside plant, reporting, application integration, billing systems and enterprise data warehouse integration.
- Led the Enterprise Architecture Team. Refined and documented the enterprise architecture to maintain database, application and infrastructure standards.
- Designed and developed middleware solutions to enable business process and enterprise data to flow seamlessly across systems and domains.
- Conceptualized, defined and implemented system solutions from senior management’s vision, strategy and review of business process.
- Led business teams through process documentation, project definition and functional design.
- Technologies and Methodologies: Actuate, Business Objects, SalesForce.com, Vitria, Datastream MP5, Metasolv, Solomon, Remedy, Oracle 8,9, MS SQL Server, Kenan Billing, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, Brio, Business Objects, SalesForce.com, Informatica, Tibco, Metasolv, Remedy, Rational.
Senior Market Planner, GTE Wireless, 1996–1999
- Designed predictive analytic models using custom algorithms to forecast customer adoption by mining data from multiple internal and external billing systems combine with competitive intelligence data that provided financial and network capacity analytical outcomes used to create pricing plans and launch new products.
- Developed excellent project management skills derived from large-scale projects spanning multiple business units; received employee excellence award and multiple employee initiative awards.
Assistant Internal Auditor, First Federal Bank of Kansas City, 1993–1996
- Created analytical tools for branch location research using consumer geospatial data and also to target high probability customers for equity loan marketing.
Branch Manager, Banc One Financial, 1991–1993
- Pioneered a successful new business market in the Kansas City area.
- Exceeded production goals every quarter and set company record for the lowest branch delinquency.